*** Please REGISTER to let us know you are coming, and how we can work together to have a great time!
WHAT: NELARC Field Day as W5EA
WHEN: June 25 from 8:00 AM to June 26 at 1:00 PM
WHERE: 267 Jim Finley Rd, Calhoun, LA 71225
The Northeast Louisiana Amateur Radio Club will operate Field Day using the call W5EA. Digital, SSB, CW modes.
The location will be at Scott’s station (W5WZ). The operating positions are in an air-conditioned space. There is a full kitchen and full bathroom attached to the operating space. There is space inside the shop for eating and socializing, as well as under the shed and in the yard. A charcoal grill/smoker and also a propane grill are available.
There is plenty of parking space – bring your camper / RV / tent and camp if you like (no hookups available).
Scott will provide ice and ice water for the entire weekend.
NELARC will provide pulled pork sandwiches for the Saturday evening meal (around 5:30 PM).
All other food and drinks will be potluck style; in other words, everyone pitches in!
Attendees may desire to bring:
• Lawn chair
• Insect repellant
• Fan and extension cord
• Drinks other than water (no alcohol please)
• Your headset/mike combo, i.e. Heil ProSet
• Your Go-Box
• Your handheld/portable satellite radio gear to make satellite QSOs
• Your solar-powered rig to make natural powered QSOs
• Your drone for aerial photography and videos
• A new portable antenna that you’d like to try out
• A friend (or several). Hams and non-hams welcome!
• Space will be available to work on electronic or antenna projects – if you have a kit or repair, we can try to lend a hand
We will use N1MM+ to log all our Field Day QSOs. If you have never used N1MM+, or would just like a refresher, check out this video “Operating ARRL Field Day With N1MM+”
Everyone can help us maximize our score by becoming familiar with the Field Day rules. The ARRL has a Field Day resource kit online.
Please REGISTER to let us know you are coming, and how we can work together to have a great time!
Questions, comments, discussion? Reply or comment on this post, and we’ll get answers to you!